Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4th House/10th House axis

We all come from a mother and a father. Their influence on our characters can be seen in our charts; exactly where, however, has always been a bone of contention.
Traditionally, the 4th House (and planets found there) is said to be associated with the mother, while the 10th House (and planets found there) is said to be descriptive of the father. The two have proven to be interchangeable, however, and can vary from one chart to the next.
For example, in my chart the 4th House represents my father better, while the 10th House fits my mother. Saturn and Neptune reside in my 4th House; I had a father who was physically absent from my life and had many complexes, something traditionally associated with Saturn's influence. Even when he was there, there was always a gloomy sense and neither my brother nor I were allowed too much expression for fear of him repressing us. It was very bleak. (All very Saturn). On the other hand, he was also very self-pitying and downtrodden by life. He could not handle my emotions as a child, and it became clear to me I could easily overwhelm him by showing any emotion whatsoever--so I did not. He never held a steady job, had questionable associations with the mob, and smoked heavily. He was always disappearing. He himself is a Scorpio with Sun conjunct Neptune in the 12th House. (All very Neptunian.) Quite ironic really, as my brother has both Saturn and Neptune in his 4th House as well.
My 10th House is my mother to the T. It's ruled by Cancer and contains Chiron in Leo. I was always very attached to my mother, and due to my father's absence, she was the head honcho, the parent who called the shots and made the decisions around the house. (Common with Moon/Cancer in 10th). My mother was also very wounded by life (Chiron) and is extremely talented and show-stopping (Leo), truly charismatic, and could have fulfilled her destiny as a powerful force in some dimension of the entertainment industry had she not foolishly married my father. (This all sounds very 10th House Chiron in Leo to me.) My Chiron conjuncts her Moon/Asc. conjunction in Leo to the degree! Funny, because I always attributed my success and drive in performing arts to my mother's unfulfilled desires. She would always tell me as a child, "You're everything I ever wanted to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment